After almost 20 years in the corporate world, I can relate to a lot of the experiences of my clients.
I have both been very successful and also unsuccessful in the past. I know what it’s like to be let go (and recover!) and I know what it’s like to be developed and promoted into leadership roles. I know what it’s like to be an entrepreneur and responsible for your own company.
My Leadership Experience includes roles in operations as Team Lead and Department Head as well as roles in HR Leadership, supporting people leaders and senior management.
- I was part of countless discussions with decision makers behind closed doors.
- I was one of the decision makers.
- I gave performance evaluations and I trained other people leaders in the process.
- I supported people through conflicts at work.
- I was part of a senior management team making strategic decisions and served as advisor to other senior teams.
- I reviewed countless job applications and lead job interviews – both as hiring manager and also in an HR role supporting other hiring managers.
- I was involved in restructuring projects, job changes and terminations.
- I lead difficult conversations and negotiations and supported other leaders in doing the same.
At the same time, I was also dealing with my own challenges, growth and relationships at work. I had to learn, adapt and advance my skills to meet the demands of my roles.
Most of all, I’ve always wanted to understand the psychology behind what was happening, which motivated me to move my career into coaching.
In order to learn the best methodologies to support my clients, I qualified as a certified Coach, Trainer and Business Facilitator and I continue to expand my skill set through regular training and development.
Whether it’s about confidence in leadership, getting through a conflict or making the next move: it’s my mission to help my clients become more successful and happy in their work!